Register for a Kayak to help Clean
Bottom line, we are responsible for destroying our waterways, so we must now take responsibility in cleaning them up and restoring their natural beauty.
Use the form below to register for a kayak or canoe to volunteer your time for a cleanup.
Every person will get placed into a large two person tandem kayak or canoe. Odd number people will get matched up with other paddlers to fill the two person canoe or kayak.
BAYOU CITY ADVENTURES, INC
Release of Liability
In renting or participating in any way with BAYOU CITY ADVENTURES, INC “BCA”, Bayou Preservation Association "BPA", and its related events and activities, I, the undersigned, acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
- I am over the age of 18 and I am responsible for the safety of any and all minors in my charge.
- The risk of injury from activities involved with BCA, BPA is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular skills, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce the risk, the risk of serious injury does exist and,
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown including: head injuries, exposure to the natural elements, frostbite, hypothermia, sunburn, dehydration, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, and heat cramps; exposure to potentially dangerous wildlife, insects, plants; and accidental drowning is also a possibility. EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE ON THE RELEASEES OR OTHERS, AND ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY PARTICIPATION; and,
- I will agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual, significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of BCA immediately: and,
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release, indemnify, and hold harmless BCA, BPA, their officers, officials, agents and/or their employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used for the activity (“Releasees”) with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property associated with my presence or participation, whether arising from negligence of the releasees or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law: and,
- I understand that equipment must be returned in good condition. In the event of loss or damage, I agree to pay all repair or replacement costs, including legal fees incurred in the collection of said damages.
I have read this release of liability and assumption of risk agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it, and sign it freely and voluntarily without an inducement.
I also agree that I and any minors in my care will wear a personal flotation device/life jacket at all times while in the watercraft. While BCA may assist in mounting boats on vehicles, responsibility for ensuring all mounts are secure and safe is my sole responsibility.